Senate State Government Committee
Monday, July 18, 2022 | 11:00 a.m.
Hearing Room 1, North Office Building
11:00 a.m.: Welcome and Opening Remarks
- Senator Argall and Senator Street
11:05 a.m.: National Conference of State Legislatures
- Natalie Wood, Director, NCSL’s Center for Legislative Strengthening
11:20 a.m.: Gubernatorial Incapacity and Succession Provisions
- Brian J. Gaines, Ph. D., University of Illinois
- Department of Political Science
- Institute of Government and Public Affairs
- Brian D. Roberts, Ph. D., Principia College – Testimony
- Chair, Political Science Department
11:45 a.m.: Closing Remarks and Adjournment
- Senator Street and Senator Argall
Former acting Governor Mark Singel provided the following written statement.